“WeP UP! West Pomeranian ICT Start Up Hub “is an international project that has been implemented since the beginning of February 2018 by West Pomeranian Agency for Regional Development – ZARR (Poland), INNOVA S.r.l. (Italy), engage – Key Technology Ventures AG (Germany) and Baltic Innovation Agency (Estonia). Project is co-funded by the European Union under “the Pilot Project – Start This Up!” initiative of European Commision.
ZARR, as a representative of the Polish side and at the same time the coordinator of the consortium, acts as the manager of the entire project, supervising its implementation, and implementing activities supporting the development of the start-up environment in West Pomerania through the expansion of local entrepreneurs to the international and pan-European markets.
The main goal of the WeP UP initiative is to favour the development, internationalisation, expansion and growth of the ICT start-ups ecosystem in West Pomerania. This objective will be achieved by creating stable links with other national and European start-ups ecosystems with special focus on the participating countries Italy, Estonia and Germany; by fostering matchmaking and partnership in such regions among relevant stakeholders (i.e. start-ups, entrepreneurs, business incubators, accelerators, investors, governmental bodies and media) exploring the possibility to create a common VC instrument; and by strengthening an effective value-creation process for the take-up and the expansion of start-ups in West Pomerania to a Pan-European and international level. Sharing of innovative ideas, knowledge, know-how and best practices will be the basis to develop a more effective start-up framework in West Pomeranian offering mentoring and coaching services for entrepreneurship culture diffusion and business growth, intermediation for investments attraction, support for participation to matchmaking events and for strategic innovation partnerships creation, promotion of networking with other EU start-ups communities.
WeP-UP project will provide a set of free services to startups in West Pomerania:
- a stationary One Stop Shop dedicated for startups will be created in Szczecin to receive support and orientation for business growth and acceleration;
- an on-line market-place starting from July 2018 where startups will be presented and will be given visibility (e.g. with an on-line session ‘The Pitch of the month’) and where they can receive information and hints to meet investors and innovation partners;
- 4 matchmaking events will be arranged in Szczecin, Berlin, Rome and Tartu with participation of the most innovative West Pomerania startups; matchmaking events will involve international investors and innovation actors with whom strategic partnerships may be established;
- participation of West Pomerania startups to a major event at EU level (e.g. Slush in Helsinki) will be supported. The event is planned by December 2018 to look for investors, customers, media exposure or mentoring, to reach the global audience and engage with the tech community;
- 4 conferences will be organised in Szczecin during 2018 to inspire entrepreneurship, transfer knowledge and business practices; startups experiences will also be presented.
Mapowanie start-upów i całego ekosystemu
Tecnopolo Tiburtino, Via G. Peroni, 386
phone: +39 06 400 40 358-9
engage – Key Technology Ventures AG
phone: +49 30 2887456-50
Baltic Innovation Agency OÜ
phone: +372 699 9482
Fill in the Registration Form: http://www.wepup.zarr.com.pl/pl/ and become part of the startup community in West Pomerania region.